Poets Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Poetry Competition League. Will be discussing rules, contenders, divisions, and more.

2 posters

Forum, sub-forums

Annihilation
    Annihilation

Forum, sub-forums Empty Forum, sub-forums

Post  Annihilation Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Also...The poll form keeps popping up even when I hit close, tech support! I worked IT for awhile, it's only jokes techies.

Anyway, we need forums and sub-forums...Well, what we should do is something like this diagram:

-General
    ~~General/Off-topic
    ~~Introduce Yourself!
    ~~Politics, science, art, blah, blah.
    -Contests
    ~~Rules
    ~~Battles
    ~~Divisions (As we grow larger this could probably have its own forum section.
    -Art (WE NEED THIS ONE)
    ~~Literature (Short stories, journals, novels, etc.)
    ~~Poems
    ~~Drawing/Painting

This will clean up the appearance of the forum which in turn will attract people, it will also add another dynamic by giving us another place to post work we don't have in contests (Personal thing, I wouldn't mind a rule in the contests that contest work couldn't be posted in the Art forum, but I'm quirky).

Not sure of the forum software used here, but as we grow we should also look at spam guards (This will happen quite a bit later though, a lot of work is going to have to go into the site to get it popular). We should set up a donation type of thing that will be used solely for this forum with upgrades, domain, so on so forth, this will help bring in some income so that we can eventually move onto our own domain (This will become important in search engines).

I've done this before, it will be rocky, hard, and terrible at times...But if we stick with it, we can get this site kickin'. Cool
    Convalesce
    Convalesce
    Admin

Forum, sub-forums Empty Re: Forum, sub-forums

Post  Convalesce Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:09 am

Annihilation wrote:Also...The poll form keeps popping up even when I hit close, tech support! I worked IT for awhile, it's only jokes techies.

Anyway, we need forums and sub-forums...Well, what we should do is something like this diagram:

-General
    ~~General/Off-topic
    ~~Introduce Yourself!
    ~~Politics, science, art, blah, blah.
    -Contests
    ~~Rules
    ~~Battles
    ~~Divisions (As we grow larger this could probably have its own forum section.
    -Art (WE NEED THIS ONE)
    ~~Literature (Short stories, journals, novels, etc.)
    ~~Poems
    ~~Drawing/Painting

This will clean up the appearance of the forum which in turn will attract people, it will also add another dynamic by giving us another place to post work we don't have in contests (Personal thing, I wouldn't mind a rule in the contests that contest work couldn't be posted in the Art forum, but I'm quirky).

Not sure of the forum software used here, but as we grow we should also look at spam guards (This will happen quite a bit later though, a lot of work is going to have to go into the site to get it popular). We should set up a donation type of thing that will be used solely for this forum with upgrades, domain, so on so forth, this will help bring in some income so that we can eventually move onto our own domain (This will become important in search engines).

I've done this before, it will be rocky, hard, and terrible at times...But if we stick with it, we can get this site kickin'. Cool

Good idea ^_^ INITIATED!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:37 am